NEPHROLOGY SERVICES AT INAMDAR MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL
Nephrology is a branch of internal medicine and pediatrics dealing with the study of the function and diseases of the kidney.
Nephrology concerns the diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases, including electrolyte disturbances and hypertension, and the care of those requiring renal replacement therapy,
including dialysis and renal transplant patients. Many diseases affecting the kidney are systemic disorders not limited to the organ itself and may require special treatment. Examples include acquired conditions such as systemic vasculitis (e.g. ANCA vasculitis) and autoimmune diseases (e.g., lupus), as well as congenital or genetic conditions such as polycystic kidney disease.
PATIENTS ARE REFERRED TO NEPHROLOGY SPECIALISTS FOR VARIOUS REASONS, SUCH AS:
• Acute renal failure, a sudden loss of renal function
• Chronic kidney disease, declining renal function, usually with an inexorable rise in creatinine
• Hematuria, blood in the urine
• Proteinuria, the loss of protein especially albumin in the urine
• Kidney stones, usually only recurrent stone formers
• Chronic or recurrent urinary tract infections
• Electrolyte disorders or acid/base imbalance
• Hypertension that has failed to respond to multiple forms of anti- hypertensive medication or could have a secondary cause
Urologists are surgical specialists of the urinary tract (see urology).
They are involved in renal diseases that might be amenable to
• Diseases of the Bladder and prostate such as malignancy, stones, or obstruction of the urinary tract.
NEPHROLOGY SERVICES OFFERED
Kidney Stone Management
Treatment of Acute Renal Failure
Kidney & Kidney-Pancreas Transplantation
Comprehensive Care for Immunological Kidney Diseases
Evaluation of Kidney Function
Treatment of Osteoporosis and Bone Diseases
Evaluation and Treatment of Hypertension
Innovative Treatments for Children’s Kidney Disorders
NEURO REHABILITATION / PHYSIOTHERAPY
OPD CONSULTANT LIST
|Doctor’s Name||OPD Days||Timings|
|DR. MAHESH ROKDE||MON & WED & FRI||12 PM TO 02 PM|
|DR. SUNIL JAWALE||MON & FRI||4 PM to 6 PM ON 5th FLOOR|
|DR. SHINIWAS AMBIKE||TUE||02 PM to 04 PM|