GALACTOGAUGE- Nutrition is KeyInamdar
Eating well balanced nutritious diet is necessary not only to fulfil the self-nutrition requirement of the mother but also to provide the abundant nutritious milk supply to the baby. Mother’s requirement is increased by 500kcal in first 6 months & 400 kcal during the next six months. Recommended daily allowance for protein in mother’s diet is additional 25gms/ day to provide protein-rich milk which facilitate healthy growth & development in baby.
Micronutrients like Zinc, selenium, Iodine, Riboflavin, Thiamine, Vit.B12, Vit. B6, Vit. C & A are the important composition of breast milk & newborn have a limited storage of these nutrients. Calcium is essential during lactation because it is required for milk production. An intake of 1000 mg calcium per day is required during the first six months after delivery. At least 500 ml of milk or milk products per day must be taken in addition to eating calcium rich foods.
Galactogauge are the foods which help promote in secretion of breast milk.
- Oats- Saponin, B glucan, high fibre & iron content support the milk secretion. A bowl of oatmeal encourages relaxation which stimulate milk let down process by releasing oxytocin hormone in the body. Complex carbohydrates provide lots of energy throughout the day.
- Fenugreek- Contain soluble fibre ( trigonella foneum) should include in a diet 20-30gram per day soaked or add in sabaji or curry. Fenugreek is a good source of protein, iron & vitamin C
- Nuts-Nuts have high protein & healthy fats, the amino acids in nuts are building blocks for serotonin, which is a necessary neurotransmitter for lactation.
- Dark Green leafy Veggies such as spinach, broccoli, kale are a good sources of iron, zinc, vitamin c
- Fennel seeds containing phytoestrogen helps in milk secretion. Aniseed (anethol) act as a carminative & helps in milk secretion.
- Barley- Lactogenic food as it contains tryptophan which acts as a precursor for serotonin. It also content beta glucan which encourages prolactin secretion.
- Chick pea-Chickpea, the food rich in calcium, fibre and B-complex vitamins is considered as a protein snack and the lactation booster for nursing mothers.
- Sesame seeds- Good quality of fats & lots of calcium helps in boost the milk supply.
Eating nutritiously, adequately & nurse regularly to your baby is the key to increase your breast milk supply naturally.