|Name||Dr. Chandrakant Rao|
|Qualifications||MBBS, Diploma in Diabetology (Mumbai), RCP (UK)|
Experience in Brief
- Routine procedure, Management of medical, surgical cases and gynaecology cases.
- Medicine procedures like pleural, ascetic & CSF tap, Liver biopsy, Management of infectious cases.
- Medical & surgical emergencies.
- Indoor and OPD medical m/m.
- Post graduation in Diabetology and preventive Cardiology.
- OPD/IPD and post-graduate training.
- Consultant Diabetologist Childhood obesity project.
- Consultant “Center for Advanced diabetes care” and a special clinic for Child Obesity clinic.
- Pregnancy diabetic clinic, Diabetic foot clinic.
Research And Experienc:e
- Study co-ordinator for DREAM study (Multicenter international trial to study the role of Rosiglitazone and Ramipril in the prevention of progression of IFG to T2DM.
- Analysis of welcome Genetic study data at KEM hospital (Study of causes of diabetes in young subjects).
- Innovator- ‘WISEX’ Exercise machine (patent pending),
- Principal investigator in GUARD study a post-marketing study for patient receiving Vildagliptin and/or Vildagliptin plus Metformin combination
- COP- Child Obesity at schools- Preventive program at the school in Pune, dealing with obesity and lifestyles modifications. Annual BMI registry and seminar for parents/teachers/children.
- Post-graduate training of DNB medicine student at KEM hospital in form of lectures, tutorials and case presentations
- CME’s for General Practitioners, nurses and paramedical staff.