FIVE FIGHTING PILLAR – TO BOOST IMMUNITY FOR CORONA VIRUS COVID-19Dt. Shahenaz Shaikh
With corona virus Covid-19, we are much talking about staying as safe and healthy as possible. While washing your hands, keeping a safe distance from others etc may all be the steps to reduce the risk.
Incorporating specific foods into the diet may strengthen a person’s immune response & helps in fighting with viral infections.
1) Protein: Protein play important role of immunity booster. In every meal you must include right quality & quantity of protein. Nonveg protein in the form of boiled egg, chicken soup/ boiled or grilled chicken to get complete amino acids which boosts the immunity. If you are a vegetarian include rajmah , soyabean , black beans or dal.
2) Spices: Choose one immunity booster for every meal from your culinary cabinet. Include cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, cumin seeds, turmeric, ajwain etc
3) Vitamin C & A: Detoxify your liver with freshly prepared homemade detox drink. Include vitamin C & A rich fruits & veggies.
4) Omega 3 fatty acids: Include good immunity booster sources of omega -3 fatty acids, vitamins & antioxidants. Flax seeds, Sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, walnuts, pistachios. Fish like Mackeral, Salmon & Tunna.
5) Reduce Your Stress: Keep your stress level down as stress can certainly hurt your immune system & turn off the cells which boost your immunity. Do not panic try to minimize your stress by dhikr, yoga, meditation.etc .Do low & moderate intensity exercises which naturally lowers your stress hormone & helps to boost the immunity.
RD Shahenaz Shaikh
Clinical Nutritionist & Registered Dietician
Inamdar Multispeciality Hospital