|Name||Dr. Shams Iqbal|
|Qualifications||MBBS,MS (Gen Surg), DNB (UROLOGY).|
Experience in Brief
- Worked as Chief Resident and Lecturer in Dept Of Urology, KEM Hospital, Pune from 2003 to 2005.
- From 2005 onwards have been in private practice and attached to the below-mentioned hospitals.
- Have worked on the Holmium YAG Laser for stones and prostate.
- Have held the post of Treasurer of Urology Society of Pune from 2009 to 2011.
- Special interest in Endourology and Andrology and Female Urology.
- Total experience of 10 yrs in private practice.
Contributions to the following papers presented at conferences
- Our experience with Dornier Compact S Lithotripter in 806 cases.
- Complications noted in 756 consecutive TURPs.
- Prevalence of Carcinoma Prostate in symptomatic patients- Sent for publication in the Indian Journal of Urology.
- Complications in Ureteroscopy.
- Our experience with Endoscopic Laser Lithotripsy.
- Holmium Laser assisted “Genuine” Transurethral Enucleation of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
- Office procedure management of Post Menopausal Urethral narrowing.
- Ten-year experience in management of Pelvi-ureteric Junction Obstruction. – Sent for publication in the Indian Journal of Urology.
- Outcome of different Urethroplasty Operations over a period of ten years.
Papers presented at various conferences
- Diaphragmatic Hernia: An Unusual Presentation: Staff Scientific Society Meet, RMC, Loni.
- Clam Cystoplasty for Neuropathic Bladders: Paper Presentation: National Annual Conference Of Urology Society Of India, Jaipur, 2002.
- Holmium Laser Assisted “Genuine” Enucleation Of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Video Presentation at National Annual Conference OF Urology Society Of India, Jaipur 2002.
Residency Program: Three-year residency program in Urology in the Hospitals of Maharashtra Medical Foundation, Pune under the able guidance of Dr S. S. Bapat, M.S., F.R.C.S. Dr. Bapat is the most senior Urologist in the country. He has received the prestigious B. C. Roy award and has also been Past President of Urology Society Of India. He has been the first person to start PCNL in India in 1983. Have done considerable work; both open and endoscopic under his able guidance.
- Have done considerable work with the Holmium YAG Laser 80 Watts for all types of renal, ureteric and bladder stones, stricture cutting, Laser BNI, and Laser Prostatectomy, also presented a paper on the same in the National Level Conference of Urology Society of India in Jaipur in 2001 titled “Holmium Laser Assisted Genuine Transurethral Enucleation Of the Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia”.
- Have worked with Dr S D Yande in the Urodynamics Department, and also presented a paper at the National Conference in Jaipur 2001, ‘Clam Cystoplasty for Neuropathic Bladders.
- Have worked with the Dornier Compact S Lithotriptor for ESWL of all types of renal and ureteric stones.
- Also done Flexible Cystoscopy and Flexible Ureteroscopy Examinations.
- Have assisted and trained under Dr Sanjay Kulkarni in all types of reconstructive and Laparoscopic operations.
- Worked as Senior Resident in Urology in KEM Hospital from MAR 2003 to NOV 2004.
- Worked as Lecturer in Urology in KEM Hospital from NOV 2004 to AUG 2005.
OPD TIMING DETAILS
Speciality Doctor’s Name OPD Days Timings
Urology Dr. Shams Iqbal Wednesday 2 pm to 4 pm