|Name||Dr. Ashwin Porwal|
|Qualifications||MBBS, DNB Surgery|
Dip. Laparoscopic Surgery ( France)
Qualifications in Brief
Dr. Ashwin Porwal – is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon practising in Pune. He has obtained his graduation in M.B.B.S from B.J. Medical College, Pune, and went on to do his post-graduation in D.N.B. (General Surgery). He received his training in anorectal disorders from Dr. Antonio Longo following which he acquired his Diploma in Proctology (Clinica Madonna Della, Italy). Dr. Porwal also underwent certified training in Pelvic floor disorders and holds a Dip. Laparoscopy (EITS- IRCAD, France). He is the Head of Department – Proctology at Inamdar Multispeciality Hospital, Pune.
In his short but dynamic career spanning over a decade, Dr. Porwal has achieved a few remarkable feats. He has performed the first S.T.A.R.R. (Stapled Trans Anal Rectal Resection) Surgery for Chronic Constipation in Maharashtra. He introduced MRI Defecography (a test used for the diagnosis of Chronic Constipation) for the first time in Pune. Dr. Porwal performed the first P.O.P.S. (Pelvic Organ Prolapse Suspension) surgery in India, a corrective surgery for pelvic organ descent in females. Dr. Porwal is credited with performing the maximum number of Stapler Haemorrhoidopexies for Piles (Mulvyadh) per month in Asia and has successfully performed more than 3000 hernia cases till date. He has performed India’s first LHP (Laser Haemorrhoidoplasty) for piles, Laser Sphincterotomy for anal fissures and FiLaC (Fistula-tract Laser Closure) for anal fistula. Owing to his keen interest in research and backed up by vast experience in this field, Dr. Porwal has devised his own technique for the treatment of complex fistula – DLPL (Distal Laser Proximal Ligation). He was awarded the ‘Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Excellence in Healthcare, 2015’ for his contribution to the health sector.
INTERNATIONAL PAPER PRESENTATIONS
- Presented a paper on ‘Piles and Constipation in Indian scenario’ at the World Congress of Coloproctology, Rome, 2011.
- Attended the 3rd Biennial Eurasian Colorectal Technologies Association (ECTA) meeting in Singapore in November, 2013 and presented an abstract on ‘Obstructed defecation syndrome cured with STARR procedure- a case series of 100 consecutive patients’ & ‘Stapler Haemorrhoidopexy Alone Versus Stapler Haemorrhoidopexy plus Mucopexy for Grade III Internal Hemorrhoids: A Prospective Observational study’
- Presented an abstract on ‘Stapler Haemorroidopexy alone versus Stapler Haemorrhoidopexy and Mucopexy for Grade III Internal Hemorrhoids: A Prospective Observational Study’ at ESCP 8th Scientific And Annual Meeting Belgrade, Serbia (Published in Colorectal Disease, The Official Journal of the: Association Of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland, European Society of Coloproctology – Volume 15, Supplements 3, Oct 2013)
- Presented an abstract on ‘Obstructed Defection Syndrome cured with STARR Procedure – A case series of 100 consecutive patients.’ – – Published in Colorectal Disease, The Official Journal of the : Association Of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland, European Society of Coloproctology – Volume 15, Supplements 3, Oct 2013.
- Presented a paper on ‘Comparative analysis of proflor mesh versus prolene mesh in inguinal hernia repair’ at the 9th International Congress of Asia Pacific Hernia Society in Hong Kong in November 2013.
- Presented paper on ‘Freedom Ventral Hernia System Clinical Experience’ at Annual International Congress of European Hernia Society, Edinburg on 28-31 May 2014
- Presented paper on ‘Stappled Haemorrhoidopexy – successful results from case series 3000 patients treated at a single center in India.’ at European Society of Colo-Proctology – Barcelona 2014.
Following posters were presented at European Society of Colo-Proctology- Barcelona 2014
- Improved patient satisfaction and reduced recurrence after STARR surgery for solitary rectal ulcer syndrome (SRUS).
- Stapled transanal rectal resection (STARR) for a management of rectal prolapse – largest case series published.
- STARR surgery in ODS : a competitive analysis between published studies and the case series of 278 patients operated at India’s largest Proctology Clinic.
- Presented paper on ‘Inguinodynia – Causes and prevention’ in Asia Pacific Hernia Society 2014, Jaipur.
- Author for an article on Single-Dose Oritavancin in the Treatment of Acute Bacterial Skin Infections. The same has been published in The New England Journal of Medicine.
- Presented paper on “Clinical Evaluation with a novel implant and modified technique for ventral hernia repair” in 1st World Conference on abdominal wall hernia surgery 2015, Milan (Italy).
- Author for Euphorbia Prostrata – A Clinically Proven Drug in Haemorrhoids – Multiple Pharmacological Actions Targeting Pathological Processes. Published in International journal of Medicine and Health Science.
Worked as a Principle Investigator for following studies
- Outcome Of Patient Satisfaction, Pain, And Quality Of Life at 6 months follow-up visit following OctomeshTM Ventral Hernia Repair
- Comparison of Lichtenstein and ProFlor™ Open Inguinal Hernia Repair in Regards to Immediate Post-Op Pain: A Randomized Double Blinded Registered Clinical Study
(Study conducted under the guidance of Dr. John Murphy, Ex-president of American Hernia Society)
- A Randomized, Double-blind, Multicentric, Active and Placebo Controlled Clinical Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Sucralfate Suspension 1g/10mL Manufactured for Cadila Healthcare Limited, India to CARAFATE®(Sucralfate) Suspension 1g/10mL of Aptalis Pharma US, Inc. (formerly known as Axcan Pharma Inc.) in Patients with Duodenal Ulcer.
- Collection of Serum Sample from Patients with metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) for Development and Validation of Comparative Bioanalytical methods for Bevacizumab of biocon and Roche’s Avastin.
- A Randomized, Double Masked, Parallel Group, Placebo Controlled, Multicentric Study To Evaluate The Safety And Efficacy Of Linaclotide Capsules 290 Mcg In Subjects Of Irritable Bowel Syndrome With Constipation [Group-I: Linaclotide Capsules 290 Mcg (Test), Group II: Linzess® (Linaclotide) Capsules 290 Mcg (Reference) And Group III: Placebo
- A Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled, Parallel-Group, Multicentre
- Phase III Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Acotiamide 100 mg
- Tablets with Placebo in Patients with Functional Dyspepsia.
- A Clinical trial to compare two drugs, R-Sibutramine and Sibutramine, in the management of obesity. http://www.ctri.nic.in/Clinicaltrials/pmaindet2.php?trialid=252
- Study of Ortavancin versus Intra-venous Vancomycin for the Treatment of Patients With Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infection (SOLO I) http://www.ctri.nic.in/Clinicaltrials/pmaindet2.php?trialid=2948
- Clinical Study of efficacy and safety of dexketoprofen injection compared to diclofenac injection in post operative pain http://www.ctri.nic.in/Clinicaltrials/pmaindet2.php?trialid=614
- Efficacy and safety of Fixed Dose Combination of Dexketoprofen Trometamol and Dicyclomine Hydrochloride Injection http://www.ctri.nic.in/Clinicaltrials/pmaindet2.php?trialid=2134
- Compare Ceftazidime-Avibactam + Metronidazole Versus Meropenem for Hospitalized Adults With Complicated Intra-Abd Infections. http://www.ctri.nic.in/Clinicaltrials/pmaindet2.php?trialid=4668
OPD TIMING DETAILS
|Speciality||Doctor’s Name||OPD Days||Timings|
|General Surgeon||Dr. Ashwin Porwal||Tue & Fri||10 am to 12 pm|